Google products such as Data Studio, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager require a Google Account to gain access. So how do you link your work email to a Google Account to access Google Analytics and other products?
If you try to add someone without a Google account, you will be prompted with this error: “Unable to add users. This email doesn’t match a Google Account. Please fix these issues in order to proceed.”
Some businesses allow employees to use personal Gmail accounts to get around this. However, personal Gmail accounts can both look unprofessional and make it unclear which organization has access to data.
Though it includes a few extra steps, we encourage all users to have access to the Google products that we use to extend transparency and allow for a more seamless work environment between teams.
How To Link A Work Email to a Google Account So You Can Access Google Analytics
Step 1 – Create a new Google Account. When asked to create a username, select ‘Use my current email address instead:
Step 2 – Enter your first name, last name, and work email address. Choose a strong password, confirm the password, and click next. Remember this password since you will use this password to access the required Google Products.
Step 3 – You will be emailed a verification code to your work email address. Enter this code into the verification box and click Next.
Step 4 – Fill out the required personal information, click ‘Next’ and accept the Terms and Conditions.
Step 5 – Your work email address is now successfully associated with a Google Account. Contact your Google Product administrator to grant you access to Google Products such as Data Studio, Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager.
Step 5 – Your work email address is now successfully associated to a Google Account. Contact your Google Product administrator to grant you access to Google Products such as Data Studio, Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager.
Finish Linking Your Work Email to Your Gmail Account
Now that you know how to use your non-Gmail email address to access services like Google Analytics, we’ll discuss how to add it to Gmail.
Knowing how to link email to a Google account can be helpful in keeping all your important emails and contacts in one place. Once you are signed in to your Google account, go to Gmail.
To add a work email account to your Gmail account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- In the Settings menu, click on the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- In the “Check mail from other accounts” section, click on the “Add a mail account” button.
- Enter your work email address in the pop-up window and click “Next.”
- Select “Import emails from my other account (POP3)” and click “Next.”
- Enter your email account login information, including your email address, username, password, POP server, and port number. If you don’t know this information, check with your email provider or IT department.
- Choose the settings you want for your imported emails, such as whether to leave a copy of the emails on the server or delete them after importing. Click “Add Account” when finished.
- Gmail will verify your email account and import your emails into your Gmail inbox. This may take some time, depending on the number of emails you have.
After you’ve added your work email account to your Gmail account, you can select it from the “From” field when composing a new email to send messages from your work email address directly from Gmail.
That’s it! Your work email is now linked to your Gmail.
For more information about Google Analytics and other SEO topics concerning your business, learn more about our SEO services.