We’re looking for a SEO Specialist with a passion for building digital marketing strategies to join our team of talented employees (and a few cute dogs). Do you enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced environment? If you are an outstanding communicator, a creative thinker and a digital marketing strategy nerd, then this is the job for you.
The SEO Specialist applies both analytical and creative thinking to form digital marketing recommendations that drive client projects toward their stated goals. Using Web analytics, client objectives and input from the team, the SEO Specialist works collaboratively to take data and use it to tell a brand’s story.
You must be an avid learner, autonomous, team-oriented and insistent on viewing the big picture.
- Play a primary role in the crafting and implementation of search engine optimization strategies.
- Discover organic competitors, use your expertise to analyze why those competitors are being successful, and determine what our client could do to mimic that.
- Learn the decision making, thought process, and preferences of the business owner in order to craft SEO strategies that align with her beliefs.
- Review monthly report data on traffic & rankings, analyze the results, document observations, and make recommendations for adjustments in strategy.
- Review results with clients and obtain their input on strategy shifts.
- Answer client questions as needed. Participate in and/or lead client conference calls. Take notes, extract action items from the conversation, and translate those action items into tasks in the project management system.
- Provide support to the sales process by assisting with qualification of prospects.
- Assist with project quality control by reviewing other SEO team members’ submitted work, proofreading it, and comparing it to the requirements of the task and the principles of the business.
- Establish a sense of confidence that matters are being handled.
- Participate in weekly team project meetings and other strategic meetings as requested.
- Maintain an ongoing task list with priorities and follow up status, consistently and persistently follow up on outstanding items.
- Organize each day to maximize efficiency and productivity, with a focus on prioritizing the most pressing needs.
- Build rapport with customers, team members, and colleagues in order to facilitate communication and teamwork.
- Contribute to the improvement of the business by consistently thinking “outside the box” and suggesting better, more efficient ways to execute operations and provide higher quality output to clients.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the latest trends in the industry. Make recommendations for how to adapt business practices to stay current.
- Create and review technical audits. Prioritize technical issues and make recommendations for the most effective solutions.
- Identify areas for on-site improvements in site structure, internal linking, and information architecture.
- Create recommendations for how to handle advanced technical issues: complex Schema implementations, challenging canonicalization issues, etc.
- Evaluate organic competitors’ content
- Craft content strategy in line with IA plans
- Review keyword research
- Strategically assign key phrases to pages and articles
- Evaluate organic competitors’ link profiles
- Craft white-hat link building strategies specific to each clients’ business and industry
- Help improve business practices related to influencer targeting
Local & International SEO
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in local/regional and international SEO. Use that knowledge to enhance business practices related to these areas of SEO
- Help strategize solutions for clients that have significant citation inconsistency issues
- 401(k) Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Potential to grow into an extremely crucial role within the organization, and (if desired) become a public-facing influencer in the industry on behalf of the company
- Gain satisfaction from and recognition for having a direct impact on client results.
- Be part of a fun and friendly team that has a thirst for collaborative learning and a passion for the craft.
Skills Requirements for the position
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field of search engine optimization
- A strong commitment to white-hat ethics and following Google’s Webmaster/Search Console Guidelines
- Meticulously up-to-date on the latest developments in the industry
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of SEO, such as how semantic markup and canonicalization of content affect performance
- Strong grasp on content marketing best practices
- Experience implementing effective white-hat link building strategies
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Excel (can write formulas, create graphs, apply filters, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics (certification required), including the ability to effectively create and use Advanced Segments and Custom Reports, and diagnose data issues
- Ability to use data to figure out provable reasons for changes in performance
- Working knowledge of several other SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz, Raven, BrightLocal, WhiteSpark, Analytics SEO etc.
- A degree or certification related to marketing, mathematics and/or statistics not required, but certainly a plus
Personality Requirements for the position
- NEAR PERFECT spelling and grammar skills
- INCREDIBLY detail-oriented
- Reliable, Always completes work on time
- Extremely Analytical, Intellectually curious, Critical thinker
- Ethical, Honest
- Able to “think on your feet”
- Enthusiastic, Positive attitude, Friendly, Respectful, Excellent listener, Tactful
- Able to take chances and admit mistakes
- Willing to ask when you don’t understand
- Forthright in admitting when you are having difficulty
- Remain calm under pressure
- Adaptability to change, Able to shift gears easily
- Appropriate sense of urgency
Get the PDF of the book "Getting Found on Google" for free.
Only the best of SEO, Web Design & Marketing