A landing page is a page on a website that a user is sent to by either a search result or an online advertisement. Landing pages are created for SEO, email and social media marketing campaigns. Landing pages are also used for search engine results. The intent of a landing page is for the user to find the information they are looking for. A successful landing page provides the user the content they are seeking in a clear and concise manner. So, how do you create a landing page that is designed for search engine optimization and a user?
Essentials for Landing Pages
- Free from distraction. You want your user to find the information they are seeking quickly without clutter.
- Provide a clear call to action. This can be a phone number or email prominently displayed, a contact form, images, etc. Use size, color and space to your advantage.
- Emphasize what you want the user to do. An example of this could be a “Shop” button or a contact form.
- Make it easy to read. The content should be easy to scan, use keyword phrasing to drive SEO results.
- Optimize your page with page titles and semantic markups to drive SEO.
- Testimonials, online reviews or a map can also help establish credibility.
What to Avoid on your Landing Pages
- Too much content. Your landing page should contain 250 words or less.
- Too many images. Your landing page should be simple and clean. Make it easy for the user to navigate.
- Avoid a complicated conversion path. Make it easy for the user to complete a conversion. For example, if you want them to shop, have the “Shop” button easy to see.
- Your Call to Action is vague. Let your user know what they will GET not what to do. For example, if you want the user to download your Whitepaper say “Download our Free Whitepaper” instead of “Download Now.”
Do you want to learn more about Landing Pages? Give us a call at (763) 548-2297 or contact us by email to request a free consultation.