At Snap we’re known for our emphasis on e-commerce and e-commerce SEO, so I thought I’d make a list of some excellent resources that might be interesting to those who are just looking into e-commerce SEO for the first time.
- KissMetrics: 7 Critical SEO Errors of E-Commerce Websites — Whether you’re not providing a description of a product or you’re simply copying and pasting content from a manufacturer’s site, you may be committing some egregious issues with your e-commerce SEO.
- Search Engine Land: 17 SEO Best Practices that can Double your E-Commerce Sales — Get the basics with this quick reference guide to help you going in the right direction if you’re new to
- Ahrefs: Ecommerce SEO: 116% Increase in Search Traffic & Google Penalty Recovery [2 case studies] — Case studies are a great way to get an understanding about the return on investment you might be able to expect from implementing a solid e-commerce SEO strategy.
- Shopify: Ecommerce SEO Checklist — Highly visual and printable checklist that might have just what you need to take your e-commerce store to the next level.
- Practical E-commerce: Structured Data Markup for eCommerce Stores — Structured data is relatively new but can be somewhat simple to implement. And it allows Google and other search engines to quickly read and understand elements like ratings, reviews, prices, and other information so they can display it in the search result when appropriate. This makes for better engagement and a more visual listing.
- Screen Pages: SEO in Magento — If you have more than 500 SKUs, you may need a more enterprise CMS for your e-commerce store, and Magento is built for more CRM integration and larger sites.
- E-commerce Platforms: How to fix duplicate content for eCommerce SEO — If you have multiple categories with the same items or a ton of overlap all over your site, it might be time for some re-organization. Here’s how to do it.
- Snap Agency: The eCommerce Guide for Fun and Profit — If you’d like a guide that goes deep into best practices and essentially lays it all out on the line for you, this would be a great place to start.
- OntraBlog: The 5 Ecommerce SEO Strategies to Increase your Sales — Great tips for increasing ROI for your e-commerce SEO strategy.
- KissMetrics: The Ultimate Guide to eCommerce SEO — Another well-produced piece of content from KissMetrics; a great in-depth guide.